Saturday, August 12, 2006

Roads in Himalayas

In this post, I want to share what it is like to travel in a bus in the mighty Himalayas of India. Only thing I will say is that there is never a dull moment in the journey. I will let my photos speak the rest.
Yappu: This is my mascot for August, travelling in a bus from Delhi to Manali. This was the first time that he was looking at Himalayas; You can see that he is very happy.

SSS: Sunlight Seducing the Shoulder: There was this very soothing light shining on the shoulder of this girl travelling next to me, I could'nt resist to take her photo (I did ask her permission before taking the photo).

Bus Ride: Bus ride in Kullu district.

Landslides: Travelling during the monsoons means that one has to come across some landslides. At such places the buses on both the sides of the landslide tend to reach at same time and than passengers walk across the landslide and continue their journey.

Top of the Bus: I took this photo while travelling on the top of the bus, most of the time drivers do not let you travel on the top, but this time I was able to convice him as the bus was very crowded. It was quite a ride so very full of adrenalin rush and I was very impressed by the driving skill of the driver. In Indian Himalayas there is very impressive road network. Although the condition of most roads is not that good, but considering the fact there are roads that traverse through many passes more than 5000 meters, I tend not to complain.

Riding on Top: If you had doubts about the fact that I rode on top of the bus, I guess this poto will convince you about it.

Chaddi Friends: This was when I was coming back from Shimla to Chandigarh with a good friend of mine from Rohru in Shimla district.

Cruising in Kullu: My friend from Delhi (Lovey) took this photo on our way to a my first two day trek of 2007 in India.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home