Monday, July 24, 2006

In Delhi now .... yay !!

Yay !!!! ..... I have finally made it to India. It was a pretty comfortable flight with pretty decent food. Jet lag was relatively manageable as I did'nt really had much of a sleep pattern in Canada either. From the duty free, I bought a stuffed Canadian moose, who might be travelling with me for a while, but than I might change him for a something in blue. But for now you can say Namaste to Yappu. The moose from Canada who is super-interested in Yoga and would be travelling with me for the first month atleast.

I had a nice surprise in the morning when I was woken up by my friend's maid who had made some Bed Tea for me. Yes ... I had completely forgotten about bed tea while staying in Canada. For those of you who do not know, bed tea is the first tea that you drink in the morning. People drink it just to feel motivated to get out of bed. Yes I had the pleasures of relishing the luxury of bed tea. Well I have never been much of a tea drinker, but I drank some bed tea on the first morning as this is something that i had'nt done for a long time and I am the kind of person who is always looking for experiences.

In Brief:
1. The night was a bit too cold for me brrrrrrr. I could not find my blanket or the controls for the AC, I think I was too tired to find them as I had slept for 3 hours in the last 36 hours.
2. It was nice and heart warming in a way to see few types of tropical insects that I had'nt seen for four years (last time I visited India).
3. Bringing in my Twinrix vaccine from Canada was quite a feat.
4. Enormous number of people holding placards with names at the Delhi airport.

This is the camera (my beloved) and and my travellig partner Yappu (The Moose)

View of the room where I spent my first night in India

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home